Friday 21 March 2008

Any Icy Easter In London!


Well, welcome to my new blog! I plan to upload pictures I take in and around London, England, and chat a bit. There will be pictures of the sights of London, Nature, sunsets, clouds and so on as I take them, plus some from my archive from time-to-time. At the moment I am using a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ7 camera for those of you who like to know such things.

One thing we Brits chat about a lot is the weather. That is because our little island is halfway between the European continent and the Atlantic and Arctic Oceans, so we get both types of influence on our weather. This makes it pretty changeable. Anyway it is always something we can talk about when we can't think of anything intelligent to say, which, let's face it, is most of the time!

Anyway, today, Good Friday, the Easter Holiday weekend when it should be sunny and warm, officially the second day of Spring this year, and what happens? Ice happens, that's what. This was a view of my attic window just after this afternoon's icy thunderstorm.

No comments: